Monday, March 5, 2012

just an effect shot

This week I tackled one of the most important shots of Act 2; when the book is shot in mid air. I had it roughed out before I worked on it this week, but I didn't like the way it moved so I redid the whole thing from scratch. It wasn't that bad,but it did take longer than it probably should have. I think the lesson to take from this is to not get to caught up in details right away.

I'm also hoping to get a new animatic done this week before class. I don't know if I'll get to it, but I'll try.

Once again, blogger has cut out a portion of the video so you'll want to go to Youtube directly to see it. If anyone knows how to get videos on here without sacrificing the picture please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. You really are good at animating effects! You may want to keep the puffs dissipating a bit longer at the end. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.

    I think it might work a little better if you zoom out a bit, to make it easier to see the whole book.

    ReplyDelete