Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hallway explosion: rough cut

Last week I lost a couple shots that I clearly remember saving, but for whatever reason vanished into the ether of the computer. I ended up having to do them again, but they look better than they did before, so I guess it's all okay in the end. Anyway, I took those shots and put them with the hallway blast I did last week as well.

I'm glad I'm getting more shots done in order now, because I can see how they play off one another and see if I need to hold anything. I think I may add a bit to the shot where the flames consume the bad guy, and I think I'll hold on the main character a little longer too (maybe a quarter of a second or so, just enough to let it register in the audiences mind). I should also point out this isn't how the scene will look in the final movie. The order I have it in in my animatic is the same, I just don't have those shots in the middle yet.

Phew! Well, now that you've climbed this wall of text please take a look at the scene. As always, questions and comments are appreciated. Oh, and you may want to go right to Youtube instead of playing it here.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were not discouraged about losing the animation. This positive attitude will help you get through this film! This scene looks really good.

    ReplyDelete